Aja Ekadashi 2021 Rule: The importance of Aja Ekadashi fasting in Hinduism is described abundantly in Hindu religious texts. Mainly this Aja Ekadashi fast is dedicated to Lord Shrihari. According to Hindu scriptures, on the day of Aja Ekadashi fast, Lord Srihari is worshiped according to the rituals. According to religious beliefs, worshiping Srihari on the day of Ekadashi is considered extremely beneficial.
It is a religious belief that by observing Aja Ekadashi fast and worshiping, all the sins of the devotees are destroyed and after enjoying all the pleasures, one reaches Vishnu Lok in the end. On this Ekadashi fast, benefits are obtained equal to that of many Ashwamedha Yagyas. Provided that following these rules in Aja Ekadashi fasting, worship is done properly.
SC Ekadashi Fast Of Rule
- Do not take rice during dinner before fasting for Aja Ekadashi, take food before sunset before fasting and do not eat any food after that.
- On the day of fast, take a bath before sunrise and take a vow of fasting and worship.
- While fasting for the whole day, meditate and sort out Lord Vishnu.
- Avoid any kind of debate in family, close neighborhood and do not speak bitter words to anyone.
- While doing Jagran on the night of fast, chant the hymns and kirtans of Lord Vishnu and his mantras.
- Break the fast only in an auspicious time. Before doing Bojan, feed any poor and needy brahmin and bid farewell by giving dakshina.
- Do not take rice on this day also.
SC Ekadashi Fast prayer– Method
This morning, before sunrise, retire from bath etc. After that light a lamp in front of Lord Vishnu in the temple of the house and offer Bhog by offering Akshat, flowers, incense, lamp and Tulsi Dal. Now chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu and do aarti. It is best to worship Goddess Lakshmi along with Lord Vishnu on this holy day.