Ganga Saptami 2022: The holy festival of Ganga Saptami is being celebrated on Sunday, 8th May 2022. This day is also the day of descent of Ganga on the earth. According to the Panchang, Ganga Saptami is celebrated on the Saptami date of Vaishakh Shukla Paksha. According to mythological belief, Mother Ganga has descended from the lotus feet of Shri Hari Vishnu. That is why she is also called Mokshadayini and Papanashini. On this day, after bathing in the Ganges, Arghya and donation to the Sun have special significance. It is said that by observing fast on Ganga Saptami and worshiping according to law, one gets wealth, glory, honor and good fortune with the blessings of Mother Ganga.
Ganges Saptami 2022: date And Good Auspicious beginning
- GangesSaptami Vaishakh Mass Shukla favour Ganges Saptami, May 7th, day Saturday, 2:56 pm
- VaishakhMass Shukla favour Saptami Of ending, May 8, Sunday till 5:00 PM
- VaishakhMass Shukla favour Ganges Saptami Of Prayer Of Good Auspicious beginning, 10:57 pm will be 2:38 pm
today on Ganga Saptami Of course do here Work
- Bathing in Papanashini Maa Ganga destroys the physical and mental disorders of the people.
- Therefore, on this day, after bathing in the Ganges in Brahma Muhurta, lighting a lamp of ghee, perform aarti of Mother Ganga.
- Offer arghya to the sun with akshat in hand.
- Put akshat and garland on betel leaf and float it in water. By this all your sins will be washed away and you will get mental peace.
- Those who are not able to take a bath by visiting Ganga Ghat on this day, they should bathe by pouring Gangajal at home and if they have a silver vessel, then fill water in it and go barefoot from home to Shiva temple and anoint water on Shivling. And offer Bel leaves, it gives miraculous benefits and they get freedom from sufferings.
Ganges Saptami Fast Of Benefit
- Due to the recognition of Mother Ganga’s descent day, bathing in the Ganges on this day cures all the diseases of the body and gives mental peace.
- After bathing, offering water to Bholenath and offering Belpatra increases wealth, fame and glory.
- Bathing in Mokshadayini Maa Ganga washes away all the sins of a human being.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.