Shani Pradosh Vrat 2021: The fasting of Triyodashi of every month is known as Pradosh Vrat. Pradosh Vrat is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati are worshiped on this day. This is the first Pradosh fast to fall in the Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month. This time this fast is falling on Saturday, 4th September, hence it is also being called Shani Pradosh Vrat. During Shani Pradosh fast one can get the blessings of Lord Shiva as well as Shani Dev. If someone is affected by Shani or Sade Sati, then fasting on this day or taking these measures can be free from the wrath of Sade Sati. To get rid of all the problems, worshiping Lord Shiva in Pradosh period on the day of Shani Triodashi, one gets freedom from Shani’s half-and-half.
Significance of Shani Pradosh Vrat
It is said that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati are worshiped during Pradosh fast. By doing this one gets all the happiness in life. Along with this, the person gets freedom from sinful deeds. Both men and women can observe this fast. By observing this fast, one also gets the boon of getting a child. On the day of Shani Pradosh fast, as it falls on Saturday, worship Lord Shiva as well as Shani Dev diligently. Donate things related to Saturn. It is said that by doing this the condition of Saturn in the horoscope becomes correct.
Worship and remedies of Shani like this (shani ki puja and upaye)
1. On the day of Shani Triodashi, if you have half-and-half or Shani Dhaiyya, then worship the Peepal tree in the evening. Light a mustard oil lamp in front of it. Then chant the mantra of Shani Dev ‘Om Shan Shanishcharaya Namah’ 108 times. It is believed that doing so does not disturb Shani.
2. On the day of Shani Triodashi, people worried about money are advised to offer blue flowers to the Peepal tree. Also, offer water to the peepal tree and chant a rosary of Shani’s mantra. By doing this the financial condition improves.
3. The people who wish to have children and get married soon are advised to offer 11 flowers and 11 Bel leaves on the Shivling on the day of Shani Triodashi. It is said that doing this gives relief from Shani Dosha.
4. Donate oil to Dakot after seeing your face in oil on this day, by doing so, where one gets the blessings of Shani Dev, there is freedom from Shani Dosha.
5. On the day of Shani Pradosh, feeding sweet bread smeared with oil to a black dog awakens the sleeping luck.
6. On this day Shani Dev should be worshiped along with Lord Shiva. Also, along with Shani Chalisa, Shani Stotra should also be recited. By doing this, auspicious results are obtained.